Friday, September 25, 2009

School and my Greek Family!

At the end of our first week of classes I was exhausted from school and homework. We started learning a lot in all of our classes. Greek language class is actually my favorite class of all. Our teacher (Yanna) is great! She makes it a lot of fun and its a lot easier than that I thought. I'm thinking about trying to keep studying it when I get back if I can find classes to take. Monuments Of Greece is a fairly mundane class... lectures are just historical facts after historical facts but the field trips are fun... until Michael our teacher gives us lectures along the way... but seeing the sites and everything is absolutely amazing! The weather since my last update has gotten much better! A lot less rain and a lot more sunshine! It has been great! Below is a picture of me studying at school!



Saturday I took Jessie, Betsy, and Justin all with me to Glyfada to try and track down my family's cafe. We took a taxi out there and luckily he knew exactly where to go. I was very nervous the whole way there but extremely excited to see what my Greek family was like. We showed up at the city plaza mall where their cafe called cafe plaza is. I walked right in and asked for Georgia my Aunt and the girl smiled and said this is your cousin Chris! I was so excited! Chris is my cousin he is 29 years old and an absolute sweetheart. The girl I talked to first was Eleni his girlfriend of 8 years and soon to also be my cousin... so pretty much family! :) They are wonderful! I felt so welcome and definitely felt like part of the family instantly. I learned about my aunt and uncle as well as my other cousin Kostas. They both have a great sense of humor and are eager to get to know me better. They want to spend more time with me while I'm here and they said I'm welcome to come back any time to visit even after I leave Greece. Unfortunately because they weren't even expecting me I couldn't meet anyone else but I plan on seeing them again very soon and trying to meet the rest of the family. They own a cottage about 1 hour away from Glyfada that they go to quite often and said I'm welcome to come with them anytime. I'm extremely excited to get to know them all better and get to know more about my own history. It's great to know I have such an amazing family half way across the world! Below is a picture of the cafe! I will take pictures of the family next time I see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment